2016 Quartzsite Gathering - Quartzsite, Arizona

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greg A
Greg A's picture
SOI-AdministratorLifetime Member
Quartzsite Under Way

Over 70 Trailers here already for the first day of Quartzsite. All makes and models are arriving.

I'll try and get some pictures posted tomorrow of the early gathering.

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Buying or Selling Molded FG Trailers:

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

vermilye
vermilye's picture
I started a web page of

I started a web page of photos of the 2016 Quartzsite Rally.  I'll add more images as the rally progresses.

Greg A
Greg A's picture
Quartzsite Count

As of Wednesday night, we had 130 trailers at the Q. The weather is perfect! Having a lot of fun. Still time to come and join us!

Note: We have had to cut the commemorative buttons to 1 per trailer since we are almost out.  

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Skych
Skych's picture
Excited!

Oh man! I'll be there tomorrow afternoon! Looking forward to it :) 

KReed
KReed's picture
Lifetime Member
Availability

HI,  I plan on getting to Quartzsite 'bout noonish on Friday. Is there still some level real estate available at Dome Rock?

Cheers,

Krestine

JA-Admin
Yes, level ground

Yes, there is still level ground available for you to set up. smiley

Trailers continue to arrive, but this is a huge area and we are spread out all over the place. You will find room!  

JA-Admin
186 Trailers

Well, Quartzsite is a wrap!  We ended up with 186 trailers and are now the largest Molded Fiberglass Gathering in the U.S.!  If you missed this year's event, make plans to join us next February. We will be posting the new dates soon.  

Check out Jon's great photos! (note there are two pages' worth)

http://lakeshoreimages.com/15-16trip/quartzite16.html

doug57o
Lifetime Member
Photo of whole group Sat. Feb 13

The Gathering was lots of fun with many great people. I got a photo of what I think is the whole gathering on Sat Feb 13.

Doug O

Greg A
Greg A's picture
Quartzsite Gathering Summary

Great Pic Doug...

We are back from Quartzsite! Wow, what a gathering. Stay tuned as we will recap the gathering with photos on this post as soon as possible

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Greg A
Greg A's picture
Largest Molded Fiberglass Gathering

Wow, what a gathering! Who knew the Quartzsite Gathering would almost double in size this year?

• Official final count of verified trailers was 186
  • The circumference of the final area of the campsite was almost 2 miles around
  • Casitas were the most prevalent at the gathering, followed by Escapes, Scamps were a close third with Bigfoots in fourth. Then the remaining various brands. For the first time at Quartzsite we even had two new Happier Campers join us from the factory.
  • Top 10 States attending (left to right) AZ,CA,TX,WA,MN,MO,CO,NM,SD,NV
  • Other States attending NC,FL,OR,PA,KS,MS,WY,ME,UT,MT,AL,TN,NE,OK,KY,UT,MT,NY,AR
  • Canada had 8 trailers attending from BC, ON and MB

No gathering happens without the help of the volunteers and we want to send a big THANKS to all who pitched in and helped make this gathering such a wonderful experience! We appreciate each and every one of you and your assistance. yes

All of the pics I have will be available at:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtCN_9Yn_Ddq1ke3_Dk2dxFKdxlA

All of Jon's wonderful pics are available at his blog:

http://lakeshoreimages.com/15-16trip/quartzite16.html

Now sit back and we'll give you a pictorial overview:

Host Trailers and Registration  Your Hosts Greg A and Co-Host Earl A

Trailers start arriving: 90 in by Monday Night

Arriving up on the Heights

Konrad and AZ Little House Customs had a busy week

Ukulele Mark ran workshops on Wed and Friday

The Saturday Soup Event

Let the Ladderball tournament begin. (Laddermaster: Earl A) 35 Teams this year another record!

And the Winners: 1st Place - Jona and Teri   2nd Place - Rick and Sandy  3rd Place - Sydney and Steve

At Sunset Ukulele Mark, his students from the workshops, plus many additional musicians joined together to put on a wonderful concert at the campfire. It was a fantastic finish to an awesome week. Thanks, Mark and all who played at the concert and campfire. Over 100 people were in attendance for the concert evening. Our thanks to Pete and Jackie plus numerous musicians who joined them to play at the campfire at the host trailer all week.

Music enhanced another beautiful desert sunset at Quartzsite

As the sun sets on another great Quartzsite Gathering, we want to thank everyone who attended and all the wonderful old friends and new friends we connected with. I didn't end up with pics of the Sopapillas or Swap Meet on Sat morning, but those both ran and were lots of fun.

Next year is our 10 year Quartzsite anniversary and it will be one you don't want to miss.  Stay tuned, next years dates will be posted soon so you can make your plans to attend.

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Pages