2018 New 13’ Deluxe w/Bath: Sink in Shower Question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
LorbeerTLC
LorbeerTLC's picture
2018 New 13’ Deluxe w/Bath: Sink in Shower Question

Hey all, I have a question. My wife and I just returned recently from picking up our brand-new 2018 13' Deluxe Scamp Trailer from Backus in December 2017.

We have the Front Bathroom model that includes the sink in the shower. However, the drainage hose was never hooked-up into the sink. So after fixing that minor problem, I noticed that the hot/cold and drainage hoses that goes through the wall doesn't have any type of grommet or insulation (foam) to prevent the water from getting into the plywood. So if I should take a shower, I'm afraid water could splash on these hoses and follow them into the wall. Shouldn't there be a grommet or something to prevent water from entering? This is our first trailer and it seems a little odd.

Thanks!

-Tom

JTST_Scamper
Shower

We have a front bath 2017 16 Deluxe....

We looked at the sink arrangement and deleted ours from the build. The major concern was having room to move about in that space. I agree with your observation that water can follow down the tubing and could end up being a problem. Maybe plumbers putty to fill the gap? 

Everyone is different but a simple sit down shower is all we expected ours to provide. I did ask about a shower curtain when we picked up ours and was told "its all waterproof" and we wouldn't need one. I beg to differ and could never imagine letting water get onto the door wondering where it would run next. For our use we head to the RV park showers and never looked back. The space is great for the 2AM bathroom break but no interest in a shower.

Greg A
Greg A's picture
SOI-AdministratorLifetime Member
Shower

Yep, that doesn’t look right on how that’s done. I might use some of that expandable foam carefully as that stuff really can take off. surprise it can be easily trimmed up once dry.

Proflex would also be a good choice to seal that as well. Definitely do not ever use Silicone sealer on FG.

Grommet probably wouldn’t work too well as the water could still potentially run down the lines and get behind the wall.

Our Trailers:
2015 19 Escape

Buying or Selling Molded FG Trailers:

Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

carl
I omitted the sink in my 16'

I omitted the sink in my 16' bath. However that wall is fiberglass, so i do not think water would hurt it.. If water goes through hole and run onto the floor it will cause a problem. You can fit a piece of water proof flooring in the closet and seal it real good to block the water. I do not think much water would go in.  Good luck.  Carl

LorbeerTLC
LorbeerTLC's picture
I appreciate everyone's ideas

I appreciate everyone's ideas and thank you!

I do want to prevent any water going into the wall and I like Greg's suggestion on Expanding Foam. I'll let you know if I have any problems. smiley